Top Story 360

“Ralph Fiennes, Who Played Voldemort in Harry Potter, Supports Cillian Murphy as the New Dark Lord: ‘A Wonderful Suggestion—I’d Be All In Favor!'”.hienca

December 29, 2024 by HienCa Leave a Comment

 

Voldemort actor Ralph Fiennes is giving his blessing to Cillian Murphy to take over the role of the infamous “Harry Potter” villain should the “Oppenheimer” Oscar winner want in on HBO’s upcoming television series. Rumors have circulated online in recent weeks claiming Murphy is being considered for Voldemort. Fiennes was asked to respond during an interview on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live.”

“Cillian is a fantastic actor,” Fiennes said. “That’s a wonderful suggestion. I would be all in favor of Cillian. Yeah.”

Fiennes first appeared as Voldemort in the fourth “Harry Potter” film, 2005’s “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” and he returned for three additional movies — “Order of the Phoenix” and “Deathly Hallows” Part 1 and 2. A few years before HBO announced it was rebooting “Harry Potter” as a television series, Fiennes told Variety that he would definitely be up for playing He Who Shall Not Be Named again and there was “no question about it.”

Variety reported last month that “Bridge of Spies” Oscar winner Mark Rylance is being eyed by HBO to play Dumbledore in the “Harry Potter” series. Warner Bros. Television hadn’t yet entered into negotiations with the actor at the time but had reached out to gauge his interest in the project and his availability. No other casting information for the series has been reported on at this time.

 

While Fiennes has not said whether or not he’d return for the show, it would appear he’d have no issue coming back and working with J.K. Rowling again. The author is closely involved in the HBO series, despite the continued controversy over her beliefs on biological sex and trans people. Fiennes defended Rowling against backlash in October 2022.

“J.K. Rowling has written these great books about empowerment, about young children finding themselves as human beings,” Fiennes told The New York Times at the time. “It’s about how you become a better, stronger, more morally centered human being. The verbal abuse directed at her is disgusting, it’s appalling.”

Fiennes continued, “I mean, I can understand a viewpoint that might be angry at what she says about women. But it’s not some obscene, über-right-wing fascist. It’s just a woman saying, ‘I’m a woman and I feel I’m a woman and I want to be able to say that I’m a woman.’ And I understand where she’s coming from. Even though I’m not a woman.”

Watch Fiennes’ appearance on “Watch What Happens Live” in the video below.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Breaking News: Dani Carvajal Draws a Line in the Sand—Demands Immediate Removal of “Failed Star” from Real Madrid or Faces Internal Crisis! 🚨.
  • Breaking News: Tennis Star Eala Declines $30 Million Deal to Focus on Tournament, Faces Shocking Ban Amidst Pressure – What Really Happened? Find Out!.
  • Breaking News: Shocking Discoveries Inside Diogo Jota’s Secret Apartment – What the Police Uncovered Could Change Everything!.
  • Breaking News: Shocking Last-Minute Change to Diogo Jota’s Schedule Provokes Heated Argument Caught on Camera at Midnight!.
  • Breaking News: Reuben Owen from Our Yorkshire Farm Proposes to Girlfriend Jessica Ellwood—Fans Are Overjoyed!.

Recent Comments

  1. Alfredo Canedo Jr on Caitlin Clark’s Absence from the WNBA Playoffs Sends a Strong Message After Record-Breaking Viewership, Highlighting the Impact of Rising Stars .giang
  2. A WordPress Commenter on Hello world!

Copyright © 2025 · Paradise on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in